Thursday, November 27, 2008

Politics and Fajitas

part 3 JACK ASTOR'S

Conor sits in front of three empty plates. Tony takes his sweet time enjoying his food. Time jumps forward twice while Conor sits and watches Tony eat anxiously. Finally Tony is done. Alas, the bill is laid down on the table. Conor reaches for the bill.

Conor: It's my turn to get. Right?

Tony: Bro, I think, yeah, your turn. Right?

Conor: I'm pretty sure. So we're not counting those drinks I got yesterday then, I guess?

Tony: (surprised) Oh. The pints. I, um, yeah I suppose we could, in theory. So that would make it my turn in the rotation then. Is that what you're saying?

Conor: I don't know. I just know that you bought dinner last time (points at Tony). But we grabbed drinks last night (points to himself), and now we're here having dinner again and we have a bill (points at the bill), so...

Tony pulls out his wallet as Conor slowly goes for his own.

Tony: That's fine bro.

Conor: Thanks man, I 100% have next.

The waiter, Jason, walks by and Conor grabs his attention. He stops.

Jason: All set here?

Conor points at Tony.

Tony: umm, yeah. Debit.

Jason's reaction says 'debit? are you serious?'.

Jason: Okay... you have to come to the front for that.

Tony: (to Conor) Walk of shame bro.

Tony walks with debit card visibly in hand. Conor and Jason follow as restaurant customers watch in judgement. Finally, they reach the front. Tony begins to use the debit machine.

Tony: Okay....checkings, yep...$43.76, Ok...do you, wait, what? (looks closer at the debit screen) 'Tony you are aware that you paid for dinner last time'....umm, (presses button) accept...

Conor: what?

Tony: I don't know...(reading screening) what!? 'It isn't your turn in the rotation, are you sure you want to accept this transaction to encourage your friends cheapness....ummm...Ok'(presses button)

Conor: (laughs) dude-

Tony: Is this... 'Your friendship with Conor do you wish to keep it or cancel it?' I think Cancel (presses button).

Conor: dude-

Tony: It's pending.

Conor: (guilty) I'll grab it. Cancel the transaction.

Tony: Too late it already went through.

Tony grabs his receipt.

Conor: You're a bastard. You know I got the next one.

Tony: I know, I'm just... (offers Conor the receipt) is this yours? No wait. (puts it in his pocket)

Conor: Make me feel like shit.

Tony laughs at the grief he just caused. Conor stuffs his pockets with lolly-pops.

Tony: (still laughing) Bro, are you kidding?

Conor: Want one?

Tony: They're free bro.

Conor puts a lollipop in his mouth as the two walk out laughing.

Scene

No comments: