Monday, November 10, 2008

blog driver's waltz

This is my first blog. I can't help but feel incredibly pressured by this moment. As a result, my mind is completely blank, and when I try to think it just gets blanker. This is a common trait among, well, myself. Trying to think just results in poor thinking, or a blank mind. I sit down and tell myself to think and then get impatient when my brain doesn't think the way I would like it to think. But even when I think of things I think are interesting, 2 minutes later I'm bored of those thoughts.
I was hoping to write a real Seinfeldian, 'what's the deal' or 'did you ever notice' or 'I hate when people' or 'how many times have you seen' or 'why is it that everytime we' or 'I swear people always' or 'Do we really need to' or 'it wasn't a pick it was a scratch!'. But nope. Well here let me try....what happened today. Woke up late compared to when I normally wake up and hit my snooze three times. That is a 1/2 hour extension. 3 incremints of 10. What's the deal with the snooze button anyway? Like is a snooze a '10 minute' nap, is that what the word 'snooze' means offically? Is ten minutes the offical amount for a snooze button or are there alarm clocks that vary. What if I set an alarm for 8 minutes from now, and then press snooze. Is that going to still be a 10 minute snooze? That would make my nap shorter than my snooze. I would be looking forward to the snooze so much I wouldn't be able to sleep. What I'm saying is the snooze is a very presumptious funtion in society. It isn't discussed, and I don't think it's legally bound to 10 minutes, yet it is assumed to be by everyone. THUS

My prediction of the day: The first company that comes out with an 11 minute snooze button will make tons of money.

1 comment:

amy dawn said...

Haha..your alarm is generous. My phone's alarm snooze is 5 and my alarms in the past have been mo more than 7, I think. Interesting thought though. One I haven't put much thought into :)