Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Coulier's blog

How did I let my crew fall out of sync? Does this make me a bad captain. Tomorrow (well in 8 hours, I am not even sure what time it is right now) I am implementing a 9-5 schedule on board. We will wake up every morning to the Canadian National Anthem just like we did back in academy. Plus we have our three month evaluation coming up in 72 hours, so I want my crew to be fresh for this meeting. I want us to project the appearance that we do everything together. The ultimate goal would be if we could finish each other's sentences. To me this is the perfect sign of a gelling unit. One thing I hate is when people try to finish my sentences, but finish them with the wrong words. this happened today with Fred and I. I said, "Fred I can't remember the last time I-" and before I could finish this sentence he said, "cried" but I was going to say "laughed". This really worried me. It reminded me of a martian in Grand City that would stutter and try to finish my sentences but would always be way off. So far from the last word I was looking for that his sentences would make me think he wasn't paying any attention to what I was saying. Right now I feel that if my crew were to try to finish one of my sentences they would intentionally pick a bad word just to make me feel like an idiot, even though they knew the right word.

No comments: