Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Phantom Text: Scenario

Dear Texperts,

SO I'm kind of in a pickle...I think. I was recently involved in a text message conversation that ended on a weird note. I was at a Raptor's game when I received a text from Julie, a girl I have been on a few dates with. On our dates things were good, and last time we hung out we ended up making out. Anyway, Julie and I were texting back and forth, averaging about 10-15 minutes in between texts, while I was at the game and she was out with her friends. Our discussion was mostly an inside joke regarding how I would be naked at the game, eating junk food and noone would care. It was cute, and went on a little too long. So things got wierd after I sent a "What are you doing later?" text. This was a total change of topic, and I was kind of hoping she would want to hang out. I didn't get another message from her that night. I assumed I had destroyed my relationship with her. But here's the kicker...she texted me today asking how the game was. No mention of the late night text. What should I do

Joel the Messenger


Joel. Don't do anything. The text you sent late last night never happened. If she chooses to bring it up, then you can simply mention you wanted to grab a 'drink' and talk, or something very sophisticated (even though it's obvious to me, and probably her, that you wanted to close a deal). When a text message is not acknowledged by a potential "hook up", then it is a phantom. It doesn't exist, nor did it ever exist....unless the receipient of the text chooses to bring it up.

The Textpert

No comments: