Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sash in North York

Sash sits in his running car outside a HUGE apartment building. He looks inside and can vaguely see a girl sitting with her back to the enterance window. She glances back a few times and then finally stands up and look out at SASH. They lock suspicious glances.

INT. Studio Apartment. -- 5th floor of 32.

Sash walks behind AMANDA's into her studio apartment. Her cat immediately approaches SASH through the empty space and blanket covered furniture.

Amanda: Marcus!

Sash: Marcus huh? Nice cat.

They share a moment.

Amanda: yeah I just got him. He is crazy so I apologize in advance.

Sash: no problem. Cute kitten. Nice place, all yours.

Amanda: Oh yeah, it's good. I really like it for now.

Sash: Yeah. It's has a very grand-mother-esque-ish-ness...

Amanda: It's a lot of hand me down stuff from my mother and my grandmother. I love my grandmother...

Sash: un-hun...

Sash uncomfortably pushes down on the old sofa about to sit down.

Amanda: like that couch was hers and she used to sit on it all day.

Sash immediately stands up in light of this news.

Amanda: Do you want a drink. I'm gonna have some red.

Sash: uh. Ya know what I actually don't drink right now. Doing a whole mental thing. See what the brain is like after 3 months of soberity. More for me than anything, ya know...

Amanda: Right. Sounds creative.

Sash: I live in the West end. So yeah, I guess.

Amanda: What do you even do again?

Sash: I'm a freelance everything creative really. I will do advertising gigs, posters, poems, novels, what ever you want I'll just add my sort of creative juices to it...

Amanda: Right. (kinda laughs but mostly grimce.)

Sash: I am a chef also. At a mediterranian restaurant. Do you want to smoke a joint?

Sash pulls out a joint.

Amanda: Well. Hahahah. I can't actually answer that question, and you have to leave right now.

Sash: What?

Amanda: I work for CESA national security and don't want to be in this situation.

Sash: What is that?

Amanda: I basically don't want to be around narcotics seeing as I might be being investigated by my company right now.

Sash: YOu guys investigate each other?

Amanda: It's Canada. Look, you have to go.

Sash: Ok. By Marcus.

Sash leaves happily. He gets in the elevator going down and stares at him self in the mirror baffled.

No comments: