Friday, February 6, 2009

Roommate

Conor sits on the couch at home watching basketball and eating take out. Ryan, Conor's new roommate, approaches.

Ryan: Hey what time did Dillon have the coffee maker set for?

Conor: I don't think he did.

Ryan: I'm gonna set it for 9:45 am.

Conor: Oh, so what you actually can just wake up and the coffee will be brewed for you for 9:45?

Ryan: (laughs) yep.

Conor: (laughing and intrigued) that's awesome. And you know how to set it up, what, you just get it all ready the night before?

Ryan: Pretty much. What time do you wake up?

Conor: I would say by the time I walk down the stairs in the morning it's 8:15.

Ryan: 8:15 it is. I'll set it for you.

Conor: That's amazing man. Thanks.

Ryan: No worries man.

Ryan exits to the kitchen. Conor cleans up his mess, walks to the coat rack and starts to put on his coat. Conor looks at his dog Maggie passed out.

Conor: Maggie hasn't been out yet has she?

Maggie's ears light up

Ryan: I'll take her later.

Conor: Really, cause I could just take her right now before I go out.

Ryan: Whatever, I can take her later, or you could just take her right now.

Conor: Yeah, OK, take her later than, sounds good. She looks comfortable right now.

Maggie is passed out cold. Conor puts down the leash and then puts his coat fully on.

Conor: Ok, well I'm going out I'll see you later. Gotta go see Andrea.

Ryan: No doubt man. Good luck with that.

Conor: Peace brother. Hey do you have any condoms?

Ryan: I have a whole box. Top drawer of the cabinet with the lamp on it. My room. I can't stand condoms so take what you need.

Conor: Wow. Amazing.

Ryan: Rather just roll the dice.

Conor: Why not. K, I'm gone. Peace man

Ryan: Easy bro.

Conor: You can get me on my cell.

Ryan: no doubt.

Conor exits.

No comments: